Quadcopters Full Size Kit
Create sells full-size quadcopters, full-size hexacopters and mini quadcopters. Whilst spare parts and the mini quadcopters can be bought from our normal sales, the full-size quadcopters are only offered once per semester. Keep an eye on the Facebook group and newsletters for announcements about the full-size kits.
Preorders are available: now
Expected delivery: TBA
As announced on our Facebook group and in our newsletter, CREATE is sourcing fully functional quadcopter kits for interested members. We are using our connections with overseas suppliers to get some excellent hardware while keeping costs low so we can provide some amazing value. We have done a lot of research and put together a kit which will be a high-quality, customizable platform.
If you have any questions about these kits, please feel free to post a comment in the relevant thread in our facebook group.
Payment / Pick-up (UNSW students only)
Purchase of the quadcopter kits may be made either through Paypal (includes credit card payment feature) below or by cash, or alternately by bank transfer if requested (please email). Payment must be made ASAP.
If paying by Paypal, please include your student number and full name in the “instructions to seller” box that will appear when you check out. If you forget or cannot find this dialog box, follow your purchase up with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Full size Quad”, and including those details in your message.
Cash orders can be made at the Monday sales stall only. If you cannot make it during that time please send us an email and we will try to organise an alternate time.
Kits will hopefully be ready for collection on the expected delivery date (see above). We will organize a group collection time closer to the date.
- 1 x HJ450 Quadcopter frame
- 4 x 950KV Brushless disk style motors specifically designed for quadcopters
- 8 x 11x4.7 counter-rotating propellers (approx 1.5kg thrust per motor) (1 spare set)
- 1 x NEW APM2.8 flight board, including 6 axis accelerometer/gyro, 3 axis magnetometer and Barometer (10cm altitude resolution)
- 1 x 3300mah LiPo battery. 3S (11.1V) and a continuous discharge of 30C with bursts of up to 35C (over 100A!!).
- 1 x Radio transmitter/receiver: NEW Flysky FS-i6 6CH digital 2.4ghz system. Frequency hopping for stable, glitch-free flying, few km range
- 4 x TMAX 30A SimonK ESC (pre-flashed with SimonK open source Firmware).
- 1 x UBLOX LEA 6H GPS, preconfigured for use (way faster and accurate compared to NEO 6M GPS modules!)
- 1 x Complete 3DR 915MHz telemetry system to connect computer (ground station) to quad for real time mission planning and telemetry. (includes air module and also usb computer module)
- 1x MiniOSD
- 1 x Battery Monitor - integrates fully with the Arducopter software to provide real time voltage and current draw up to 50V and 90Amps, to get maximum flight time without damaging battery due to over discharge.
- 1 x 2S/3S Auto-balancing lipo charger
NOTE: This is a picture of last years kit. The new kit will contain slightly different parts.
This picture has everything that is included in the standard kit, except the 6CH remote. Note that the chassis is not quite identical to the picture, and the battery provided will be 3300mAH in capacity.
- Battery upgrades: Choose between 3300mAH 3S & 4S Lipo batteries, allows you longer flight times or swapping out batteries to get your quad back in the air. (NOTE: If buying the 4s battery the upgraded battery charger must be bought as well as the standard charger cannot charge it).
- FPV TX: Boscam 5.8GHz 600mW system - transmits video up to 5km line of sight over a choice of 32 channels. Great range and high-quality transmission with virtually zero latency for a live video feed when you are piloting your quad for greater distances.
- FPV RX: Boscam 32 channel receiver. If you have your own screen and would like to receive your FPV feed to it. Needs to be connected to a separate monitor, TV or USB capture card to view video stream, not included. Receiver requires a 12V power supply.
- FPV Screens: Lilliput 339/DW - 7” IPS FPV monitor with auto search dual receiver - Channel auto searching, 4 Bands and total 32 channels, Built-in battery & battery level, Multiple Picture-in-Picture (PIP) modes, Wireless signal sensitivity indicator, 4-hour timer & alert indicator, High resolution:1280*800, High contrast: 800:1, Wireless 5.8GHz AV, AV & HDMI inputs, Auto antenna switching to get best signal, Snow screen, no more “blue” screen and Foldable sun shade.
- FPV Camera: 170 degree field of view at 700TVL resolution, perfect camera for FPV flying. Note: does not record video, only streams.
- Battery Charger upgrade: B6AC multi-function (not just lipo), up to 6-cell battery charger/balancer with adjustable charging rate. Monitor your battery health and charge batteries at a much faster rate than the standard charger. Highly recommended.
- Landing Gear: Glass fibre with natural flexibility, reduces the shock of landing and elevates your frame so that there is space for a camera gimbal underneath.
- Runs official Arducopter software, with one-touch updates to the latest version
- Capable of Fully autonomous takeoff, mission completion and landing.
- 6 Degree of Freedom IMU stabilized control
- Gyro stabilized flight mode enabling acrobatics (loops and barrel rolls)
- GPS for position hold, waypoints and return-to-launch
- Magnetometer for heading determination
- Barometer for altitude hold
- Auto-tune functionality for motor control calibration
- Compatible with IR sensor integration for obstacle avoidance
- Compatible with Sonar sensor for automated takeoff and landing capability
- Automated waypoint navigation
- Mounted camera stabilization capability
- Wireless command & telemetry for long distance communication
- Android integration (with Bluetooth)
- Capability to fly in “+”, “x”, quad, hexa and octo configurations
- Battery level detection
- Capability to use any R/C receiver
- ArduCopter Configuration and Ground Control Software
- Realtime graphs of flight data
- GUI for configuration of PID and other flight parameters
- On Screen Display (OSD) integration
- Waypoint programming using Google Maps
- Mixertable view to auto configure “+”, “x”, quad, hexa and octo configurations
Quadcopter kit - Online: $435 Cash: $420
Please note that this kit is only open to UNSW students for pickup at UNSW.
Price: $435.00 AUD (for each Quadcopters Full Size Kit)